All the development happens on GitHub.
Outcome of discussions among maintainers and users of the software are tracked in the wiki.
Reporting bugs and suggesting new features¶
Feel free to use the GitHub's bug tracker to open issues.
If you are reporting a bug, please provide the following information:
- Details about your environment (operating system, Python version)
- The exact command you run
- The full output
Doing so will ensure we can investigate your bug right away.
You are free to open a pull request on GitHub for any feature you'd like.
Before opening a merge request, please read the code manifesto.
Note that for your merge request to be accepted, we'll ask that:
- You follow indications from the code manifesto
- All existing linters pass
- All existing tests run
- The new feature comes with appropriate tests
See the .travis.yml file to see what exactly what commands are run and the Python versions we support.
Also, if relevant, you will need to:
- update the changelog (in
- update the documentation if required
Finally, feel free to add your name in the
THANKS file ;)
Checking your changes¶
- Install latest dmenv version.
- Install development and documentation dependencies:
$ dmenv install
- Finally, run:
$ source "$(dmenv show:venv_path)/bin/activate" $ python ci/ci.py
- Follow the steps from the above section to setup your python environment
- Launch the development server locally:
$ dmenv run mkdocs serve
- Edit the markdown files from the
docs/folder and review the changes in your browser
- Finally, submit your changes by opening a pull request on GitHub